Northfield Township is hosting it's 6th annual Washtenaw County Clean-up Day, Saturday, June 8, 2019 from 9am-1pm. To accommodate the volume of vehicles expected based on the popularity of previous events, the location has been changed to the Whitmore Lake High School located at 7430 Whitmore Lake Rd.
Gates will close at 1:00 sharp! Long wait times are expected. We reserve the right to cut the line due to safety or time concerns. Please only bring waste that you can unload within 20 minutes.
What to bring:
- Traditional recyclable materials (glass, cardboard, plastic, paper, scrap metal)
- Appliances (refrigerator, dryer, a/c unit, etc.)
- Household hazardous materials (paint, pesticides, cleaning supplies, oil, batteries, etc.)
- Electronics (TV, computer, etc.)
- Bulky household items (mattress, furniture, etc.)
- Construction and demolition waste (drywall, wood, bricks, etc.)
- NOT ACCEPTED: Household garbage, driveway concrete, asphalt or shingles
- Please consider a minimum donation of $15.00 to help support this effort.
- Bring 4 tires for free. We request a donation of $5 for each additional tire.
- Bring 1 TV, computer or appliance for free. We request a donation of $10 for each additional item.
Clean-Up Events are held throughout Washtenaw County in the Spring & Fall.
More 2019 locations will be added as the dates are finalized. Please check back for updates!
- May 18, 2019 - Chelsea
- June 8, 2019 - Whitmore Lake
- June 29, 2019 - Augusta
- TBD- Ypsilanti
These events are for Washtenaw County residents. Sorry, but we can’t accept materials from businesses or out-of-county residents.
Call 734-222-3810 or visit www.washtenaw.org/cleanup for more info!